Thursday 13 November 2014

Doncaster Metal Detecting: Ferget the FLO, LOL


On a metal detecting forum near you, member "saxman" from Essex reckons he knows where the Saxon Ship Burial is (Hoard Wed Nov 12, 2014).
Guys, For arguments sake lets say that I have a fair idea where the hoard is buried. Lets say its in fairly irony ground. Lets say I have a deus. What settings would you use to penetrate the ground and get the deepest possible signals, baring (sic) in mind I realise I may end up digging deep iron too. I realise Im being very cryptic hear bt I recently made a discovery that may lead to something quite special.
Bravo "lord lovell" (Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:17 pm)
if you think you have found a hoard forget the detector get the flo and archs down there
Bravo "Owain 1405" Rhuddlan, Denbighshire (Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:46 am)
Finding a hoard while out detecting  and digging an undisturbed hoard are two totally different animals. If I was that sure of a hoards existence I would have a chat with FLO and present the evidence and ask their advice before proceeding
and "golf010" (Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:52 am)
I agree with lord lovel on this one. get the experts in...
But there's always one, isn't there ("weeder" Doncaster Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:57 am)
forget flo and arch until you find the hoard, its 50/50 between you and farmer not anybody else, flo can have a look later, . take plenty of photo,s use all metal mode.
Doncaster FLO turns away, pretends he did not see. UK and European Metal Detecting Forum moderators pretend they did not see, Weeder remains free to use the forum to incite bad practice....

UPDATE
.... until somebody from outside the hobby spots it, and then they hide the thread. 
Information The requested topic does not exist. 
No doubt before they did, there were half a dozen posts from members saying they agree with Paul Barford and that such comments only show UK metal detecting in a very bad light. Though I expect they are more interested in surface appearance rather than the deeper truths they reveal which are of more concern to me and should be for most of my readers.


No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.