Monday 7 April 2014

What Stands in the Way of Open Discussion?


Rix and the Ghetto-mongerers
The nasties are busy banning folk on a metal detector forum near you reportedly for "having connections with Paul Barford". Bearing in mind all Bainsey's blog contains on me is a whole string of personal attacks and insults that's a real laugh. I think that it takes a certain level of intelligence to work out the difference between "Andy's Detecting Blog" as opposed to "The Responsible Detectorist" and "I-go Detecting", but hey, "metal detectorist", eh? Those two words say it all really in this case. You see, it appears any metal detectorist who as much as mentions my name over there, in whatever context, will inevitably get a warning. This is reportedly because I tend not to find much in UK or US artefact hunting and collecting to be positive about and the moderators of the metal detecting forum in question don't want people reading what I say and asking questions (I think in reality they are scared of me because I can spell). Anyway, Bainsey was banned because:
I was alerted by his quote stating the M[etal] D[etecting] F[orum] was on some kind of cover up of the war graves topic which was completely untrue but he posted on his blog that way and no one could reply with the truth!
Absolutely false, Mr Rix. Come over here and tell us it is "false" and I promise I will publish your statement in full. Come on. I and quite a few of my readers are extremely interested in hearing your side of the Nazi War Digger story. Tell us THE TRUTH. Please. I dare you !

As an extra bonus, I offer the owner of the MDF additional space here for an essay up to 15000 words on what I should be seeing "positive" in UK artefact hunting and collecting. I won't even comment on your spelling or punctuation. I promise. Come on, tell it as you see it Mr Rix, so people can see what you say right alongside what I'm saying. Surely that is an opportunity to set the record straight nobody can refuse.Unless of course they actually have nothing to say in their favour.

UPDATE 9th April
Come on Mr Rix, whattyer waiting for? Let's hear the TRUTH by all means. What are you covering up over there? Tell us why you chucked my mate Bainsey off your forum. What I should be seeing "positive" in UK artefact hunting and collecting? It does not have to be 15000 words, and I promise I'll not even mention your spelling. Can't say fairer than that, can I?

UPDATE 10th April
Cat got your tongue? You say I will not publish what you say, but when I promise that I will, it turns out you're all mouth and no trousers with NOTHING to say. Fancy yourself as an ambassador for the hobby?  An arbiter of what is right for your members to see and what they cannot? Come over here and show us what you represent. Scared?
There was a tekkie called Mrix,
got hisself in quite a fix
when his bluff was called,
he was quite appalled
and clammed up double quick. 





2 comments:

P2Pinvested said...

Its quite obvious that there is a strict agenda within the metal detecting forum. I fell out of line of the agenda so I had my entire existence there removed. I cant say im to bothered apart from everything I have ever found was documented there which is now gone forever. Maybe I misjudged the extent of bad practice within the detecting community, to which my eyes were opened yesterday by an elderly gentleman as written about on my blog

P2Pinvested said...

You wont see him commenting on here, how can he impose his ban of your name on the forum if he himself communicates with you.

I find it hilarious receiving a warning on there for associating with you. I was actually told by him and the moderators that by not mentioning your name no one will find out who you are and metal detecting will be safe, as you are a danger to the hobby.

If mrix got his own house in order then you would pose no threat to the hobby, easier for him to bury his head in the sand though.

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.